Friday, November 12, 2010

Natural Home - Nov. 12, 2010


My mom and my friend Karen have been telling me about the wonders of cleaning with vinegar for a while. I had not really heeded their good advice until last December. The hubby and I were moving into our second place in as many years here in Dubai. The place we were moving into had been left in awful shape by the previous tenants, and I mean AWFUL. There was all sorts of nasty moldy type stuff in the master bath and later I would also find out just how dirty the floors were and that the gray they appeared to be was not really their color. Thank goodness my mom was visiting us during this time, and while I was trying to figure out how to get stains our little munchkin had put on the walls of our previous place mom suggested I try white vinegar. It worked like a dream and I have not looked back ever since. Anyway I started looking around today and found this really great website 1001 Uses for White Distilled Vinegar

Now that we are moving again I am going to be a nicer person than the people before us were, and leave this apartment clean with the help of this wonderful natural cleaner. I am so glad for being able to do things with stuff that is not harmful to the environment. I wish everything was this easy.

(image from squidoo.com)

1 comment:

Antiquarianation said...

I love cleaning with vinegar. I use it in the laundry sometimes to combat static electricity. I also love baking soda for 1000 cleaning tasks. Hope your move is easy.