Saturday, November 13, 2010

Great Things I Have Found In Dubai

I have been really bad about staying true to the initial purpose of this blog. I started it when the hubby, munchkin and I moved to Dubai in order to share our experiences here. Since I am trying to be better about being more consistent with the content of this blog I am going to try to be better about posting more about our experiences here.

This week I want to share a great find that will interest all of you who love chocolate. I have to say that I was very impressed with the storefront for this particular chocolatier, because instead of looking like your typical chocolate store this place looked like a jewelry store. Ghraoui is the name and chocolate is most definitely their game. They are a company that started out in Syria and I dare say that they are even better than Godiva. When we visited them the first time, in March of last year I fell in love with their dark chocolate covered candied orange skin. Although they are not cheap I can definitely say that if you are ever here and want to get a gift that will impress any chocolate lover, this is the place to get it from. they not only do chocolate but a variety of sweets including dried fruit and Pate de fruit (Fruit paste) in cute fruit shapes which taste like fresh fruit. I absolutely love their stuff. Wish you guys could all partake.


Does anyone else have a favorite sweets shop?

1 comment:

Antiquarianation said...

Oh my!!! Sounds wonderful.