Saturday, November 6, 2021

New Buy - A Mid-Century Style TV Stand

 


Since my divorce, I have been slowly but surely trying to get back to being more genuinely me. I know that sounds like an obvious goal, but when you spend over a decade of your life making compromises so that both parties are represented equally, you tend to loose your individuality a bit at a time without even realizing it. This might not be how it is for everyone, but my guess is that if you are a giver, like me, this is probably true if you are in any kind of long term relationship.

Anyway, I digress. Part of the process of finding myself has been honing in on what style felt more like me in every sense, personality, clothing and, of course, furniture as well. 

The later has taken a bit longer to accomplish because of financial reasons. However, after moving from Brooklyn to the suburbs, I started going to stores and visiting websites in search for inspiration and noticed that for whatever reason I tend to gravitate toward Mid-century modern for the pieces that catch my eye.

The picture above is of my latest purchase. My new TV stand which has now replaced two white IKEA shelving units. So now the living room looks more like an adult lives here, and less like a college dorm room. 

I have seen units like this one at Crate & Barrel, West Elm and such, but I wound up getting mine from Overstock.com for a fraction of the price. If you like this particular model it is called Simple Living Margo Mid-century TV Stand, and it comes in about 5 different finish colors. It does require a little assembly, but nothing that is super complicated. I can definitely say that I love mine and how elegant it looks, in comparison to what I used to have. It is yet another step in my quest to move forward and improve myself. 

#midcenturymodern #stylishfurniture #chictvstands #chique #chiquefurniture #simpleliving #affordablefurniture #affordablestyle 

No comments: