Saturday, June 14, 2014

Music - Future Islands


It has been a long time since my last music post. If you have read any of those posts you know that I do not adhere to any particular genre or artist. I am open to everything and anything out there. Of late I have been listening to a radio station from Fordham, a local university. The station is WFUV and they play pretty much everything under the sun but they are great about introducing new music. Recently they played this beautiful song and thanks to Shazam I was able to find out that it was called Seasons and that it was by a band called Future Islands. I really do not know a hell of a lot about the band except that they have been around for over a decade and that they are considered Synthpop. Call it whatever you want but I love this song. It is nostalgic, romantic and hopeful, all simultaneously. I am definitely giving the rest of their discography a run and see if I find any other gems.

*image from Future Islands website - Cover art for Seasons (Waiting On You) 7" single (4AD - February 3, 2014)

No comments: