Sunday, April 6, 2014

Little Passports - Fun Geography For All

When I was in college I had a great professor who used to say "You cannot  design for a world which you have not experienced". For some reason those words have stayed with me and I have tried to travel as much as possible to make sure I do understand the world I live in. This concern of mine was also one of the thoughts that bothered me when I became a parent because I wanted to make sure my little one had experiences that would broaden her mind and give her a fair chance in this world.

I was so excited when I saw a post for Little Passports on Facebook. It was almost like someone had read my mind. The founders are two moms who much like me, wanted their children to get to know the world in a fun, imaginative way. I absolutely love this product and even more, I love the way my daughter looks forward to receiving her packet every month. I confess, I get a little excited about it too. It is just nice to know that I am not the only one who wants their child to be more aware of what is out there and wants her child to be culturally sensitive. I absolutely recommend it for parents of children from 5 years old onward. Go to their website and check out their products.

No comments: