Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 - The Year in Review

If there is anyone still reading this blog after my prolonged absence let me thank you for hanging in there. As you might have guessed my job kind off took over my life and so there has been very little time for blogging. I also wanted to make sure to spend time with my daughter and to get her acquainted with her Colombian roots so this year I finally did it. We went to Colombia! That was one of the many highlights of this year along with my friend H's pregnancy.

I just wanted to leave you with some of the pictures I took while in Colombia. I am so grateful to have the good fortune to be from such a beautiful country and to have the privilege of showing it off to those of you who might not know what it is like there.  I hope you enjoy the images.


Clock tower in Cartagena's walled city

Balconies on the streets of old Cartagena
The second one was my mom's childhood home.

 I love this lady in typical attire of Colombia's coastal areas.
She is one of the many people selling typical Colombian sweets. 

 Saint Philip's Fortress - One of the many reminders of the Spanish colonization.

 View from our balcony in Bocagrande, one of Cartagena's modern neighborhoods.

 The outskirts of Bogota. Lots of beautiful farmland and imposing mountains.

A small portion of Bogota from the air.

 One of the many buildings designed by my brother that grace the city of Bogota.
My mom and sister are perfect tour guides of his architecture. 

 Partial view of Bogota from one of my relative's apartments in La Calera.
I love the beautiful Eucalyptus trees that grow everywhere in Bogota. 
They are just as imposing and beautiful as the mountains that surround the city. 
 
 This was taken at the house where we stayed in Anapoima.
It is a town that is about 4 hours outside of Bogota.
I would love to have this view every day of my life.

 The view from the balcony at the room I was staying in with my mom and daughter.       

I hope all of you have a wonderful 2014. May we all get out there and enjoy this beautiful world we live it.

No comments: