Wednesday, June 6, 2012

UAE - Some Forgotten Images

As I was reading back on previous posts on my blog, I realized that a lot of the time I did not offer up any images to go along with my posts. Mostly this was due to the fact that I posted so many pictures of what I saw there on Facebook, that I took it for granted that my audience for this blog has been greatly comprised of family and friends. Anywhoo, I thought today's post should be a sort of flashback post. Here are some of my favorite pictures that I took while I was there. I hope you enjoy them.

 Sculptures and fountain at DIFC

  Sculptures and fountain at DIFC
with Emirates Towers in the background
 
  Cable balanced sculpture at DIFC
with Emirates Towers in the background

 Emirates Towers

 Pool at Palace Hotel at night

 
 Abras at Dubai Creek

 Tea tent at Bastakia District in old Dubai

 Minaret at Abu Dhabi's White Mosque

 Abu Dhabi's White Mosque - Side View

 Abu Dhabi's White Mosque interior 
at main prayer room

 My friend Tiffany in traditional women's dress
inside the Mosque

 South entrance at Abu Dhabi's White Mosque

 Sunset through construction cranes

 Pablo Botero Sculpture 
with unfinished Burj Kalifah in background

 Half moon behind The Address Hotel 
in Downtown Burj Kalifah, Dubai

 One of the four entrances to the Gold Souq 
at the Dubai Mall

The Burj Kalifah and adjacent areas
while still under construction.

No comments: