Thursday, April 5, 2012

Architecture Geek Moment

I am not sure how it happened or why, but ever since I was a small child I have had an incredible fascination with architecture, which is one of the reasons why I decided to make it my major when I went to college. I have often walked the streets of New York City stopping from time to time to admire a great architectural gem (which this city is full of). However I had never really taken the time to explore Brooklyn and admire the architecture in this borough until we moved into it and I started walking around. I love the variety of the architecture and how the different styles tell the story of the many ups and downs this area has experienced.

Lately during my walks around the neighborhood and surrounding areas I have come across some really great architectural details and I have decided to take pictures of them just because I am a great, big architecture nerd and I love this sort of stuff. I am dedicating this post to my friend Greg Shue whom I went to architecture school with and who has recently started his own firm. He is not only a great architect and lover of classical architecture, but also someone whom I know shares my fascination of this sort of stuff. Here are some of the architectural structures and details I have captured so far.









1 comment:

Antiquarianation said...

You are so lucky to be surrounded by such beautiful (and ecclectic) architecture. I love that Brooklyn Library building. Have to get a closer look at that one day.