Sunday, June 19, 2011

A miracle needed

There are days when I feel overwhelmed by a feeling of helplessness in the face of a situation which I can only hope turns out well. On these type of days I am also thankful for all that God has given me. Please don't think I am going to turn all preachy and stuff on you. Today has been a hard day for me and many people whom I know here in Dubai. We found out that our munchkin's teacher's husband had a terrible accident and is now hospitalized and in a coma.

I am saddened that this has happened because she is a wonderful person and because they are just starting their life as a married couple. I can't even imagine what she must be going through as hard as I might try, but I am grateful to her and her husband for making me note yet again the frailty of life and how much I take for granted. As awful as moments like these are, they are also lessons to those of us on the outside so that we may understand just how lucky we are to have our families and good friends that love us.

I would like to make a little request to everyone who reads this post: Please pray, commend or send your goods thoughts Tammy's way. I know it is not everyone's set of beliefs but I sincerely believe in a greater being and I sincerely believe that miracles can happen, so in the name of whatever greater good you believe in, ask for a little miracle here on earth so that Tammy's husband gets well soon.

No comments: