Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Must-Have Book

I am going to make a beeline for a book that I would not have found if I had not been watching The Colbert Report. The book is "Made by Hand: Searching for Meaning in a Throwaway World."by Mark Frauenfelder. This guy seems pretty amazing (for God's sake he made an electric guitar with amp and all with stuff found around his house) and pretty handy. I think he gives a new meaning to the saying "when life gives you lemons make lemonade".

According to an article I read about him it says that he keeps his own chickens and bees. This made me think so much about my friends in upstate NY (you two know who you are). He also made himself some wood kitchen utensils out of a branch that fell into his yard (who is this guy MacGyver?). I just love people who are so darn creative and who take the initiative to do things differently by using their abilities (which I am fully convinced we all have, it is just that some of us choose to use them more than others).

I can't wait to get my hands on this book.

No comments: