Monday, November 15, 2021

Laughing Out Loud and The Shows That Made Me Do It

I am a big proponent of having laughter be part of my day, especially these days when so much seems to be happening that can feel overwhelming, and sometimes even depressing. Since I don't get to see my friends as often as I wish and my daughter isn't always around to provide her unique perspective on life I have to rely on my TV or podcasts to provide that kind of entertainment. Today I wanted to share a few Netflix shows that have made me laugh out loud lately. 

Let's start with "The Way of The House Husband". This show takes ridiculously silly to a whole new level. The premise of the show is how a trained Japanese assassin copes with life as a civilian and husband after he decides to retire. I got a good ab workout watching this one and definitely recommend it if you need a little levity in your life. 

Next up "Aggretsuko" which is adorable, enervating, and hilarious, simultaneously. The show is a joint venture between Sanrio and Netflix, which means there is plenty of cute merch as a result. The show itself is about a mild mannered accounting department employee, who has to deal with the misogynist ways of her boss, while also searching for her ideal match amongst a sea of unsuitable men (the enervating part). The funny part is in how she actually vents out her frustration. I won't give too much away except to say that karaoke can definitely be the cure for many things. 

Last but not least is "The Disastrous Life of Saiki K." A hilarious dive into the mayhem lived by a high school student who happens to also have all sorts of psychic abilities. The secondary characters add a lot of color to this story for sure. Recommend it highly for those of you who find yourself wistfully thinking about what you would do if you had a super power. 

I hope these help you get through the doldrums with a smile on your face. 


 

No comments: