Friday, February 24, 2023

Having a Little Perspective, and Remaining Positive

 The past month was a tough one for me on a personal basis. A few years ago I was diagnosed with HPV. Not uncommon, but while most individuals manage to shake it off in a year or so, mine was a persistent little bugger, and it has refused to leave me. I have had to undergo a procedure called a colposcopy, for several years. Without going into too much detail, it is painful and uncomfortable. The reason for doing this, is to determine if the cells in my cervix are healthy or if they are developing precancerous tendencies. To my dismay this last test showed up positive, which is something I had feared ever since I started having to do these tests. 

The good news is that it is not something that has progressed to a degree where my life is at risk, but the possibility of this has been weighing on me for such a long time that it has definitely taken a toll on me mentally. I can, thankfully, have a procedure that if successful, will allow me to get back to normal, whatever that is. 

One of the things that this has put in perspective, and almost confirmed for me is that feeling of how transient our existence is, and how much we need to make sure we live our life to the fullest. I hope you who still garce my blog by reading my sporadic writing spells, will take heed of my words. Do not put off doing things that will bring you joy. Make a list and start checking off things as you do them. We have no idea how long we have in this amazing place we call home. Enjoy its beauty. Love the people in your life fully and without holding back. That is all.

No comments: