Sunday, December 5, 2010

Music Sunday - School of Seven Bells


A little piece of wonderful. That is the only way I can describe this band. The ethereal female lead voices accompanied by wonderfully orchestrated music is certain to make for an out of this world experience if you allow yourself to close your eyes while listening to them. The band members are Benjamin Curtis and twin sisters Alejandra and Claudia Deheza who all got together after touring with Interpol. At that point they were in two different bands, but lucky for us they found each other and have made some of the most beautiful music I have heard thus far together, although at one point one of the sisters had been said to have quit the band. I can only hope it is temporary.

I know that there have been bands like them before but for some reason I feel that somehow they stand above the rest. There is something truly beautiful about their music that surpasses any of those other bands that came before them. One of my current favorite songs is ILU. It is nostalgic and heart wrenching and takes me back to teenage crushes and later relationships that somehow did not work out. You know those that you never thought you would ever get over and make your heart ache. 

Here is a link to their official website, which will link you to their My Space, Facebook and all sorts of other places. If you have not heard of them before you might be in for a treat. I really do hope you enjoy them.

I know I have been posting a lot about music lately, but between moving and work, listening to good music is the only thing that has been keeping me sane. I am also trying to get back in track with my posting schedule so tomorrow I will be back with a recipe from thanksgiving that turned out super yummy.

No comments: