Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy 2015!!!!

So here I am again. Sorry for the prolonged absence but I guess I had forewarned you all when I started this blog that I do so when I am able to find time to post. This brings me to resolutions for the coming year. In these last few minutes I think the first thing that pops to mind is definitely to work on my time management when it comes to doing things that I enjoy, like when I get a chance to sit and write on this blog.

This year was full of challenges and many rewards as well. I learned a lot of hard lessons but overall I have felt rewarded both personally and professionally. I am grateful for my wonderful family and friends who have stood by me through thick and thin. I am also grateful for my coworkers because I feel very happy to work with such wonderful people.

As usual I always mull over what I would like to get out of the new year that is upon us. I think this year I will keep it simple. I would like to keep in touch more with my family because we are so far in distance so I need to feel like I am not dropping off the face of the earth with them. Same goes for seeing my friends more often which I have been really bad at this year, except for a few who have kept me engaged when and checking things off my restaurant bucket list (you know who you are, and I love you all for it). I would also like to stop my Walter Mitty attitude of getting trapped in my head when it comes to making myself emotionally unavailable to anyone who has remotely shown me any kind of romantic interest. This year I am going to open my heart and let myself be vulnerable as uncomfortable as it may make me to not be in control. I leave you with something cheesy but very much in keeping with how I feel from a song by Scorpion called The Best Is Yet To Come.

Don't look now, the best is yet to come
Take my hand, the best is yet to come

To those of you out there still reading my blog, I wish you the best of everything in 2015. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: