Monday, July 26, 2010

A Stroll Down Life's Winding Path

This week I want to go into a topic that we tend to avoid: Regret. Not to be morbid or anything like it, but this week I started pondering about what it is that I would regret not having done if I were to have a short time left on this earth. I think it was triggered by a minor health scare, but it really got me thinking about where I have been in life. I know all about bucket lists, but this is not about what you would try. Rather, it is about thinking about something that you feel you would have done differently that might have changed where you are today.

On the most part I am happy with my life, but every now and again I wonder what would have happened if I had been a bit more adventurous when I was younger. Where would I be today? I wonder if there is another me in an alternate reality doing something else? Kind of like in that movie with Gwyneth Paltrow, Sliding doors.

So what do you wonder about?

2 comments:

H! said...

I know what you mean... sometimes I start going down that road, wondering "what if." But then I just decide to not believe in regret because no matter how hard you try, you can't recapture all the details surrounding the decisions you have made in your life. You just have to trust that you made the decisions you made for good reasons even if you can't fathom why now. That's my theory anyway. No regrets! Woo hoo.

Nydia said...

H You rock. I agree with you. I did that bit of a journey only to reaffirm that what I have going on right now is pretty awesome.